View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #36114
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
:Your last posts on all this organizing makes me feel totally guilty for not being more organized with my books. I just have them in author folders or genre folders (I'm half one way and half the other) and just drop the pile onto my external drive. One of these days, I really will get organized, but other things seem to want to be done first.
It was a lot of work, but worth it. I did have my books organised into author folders, with sub-folders for series, with series numbers in the file names. And a duplicate set for unread books.

But it was tricky to maintain, and awkward for books with multiple authors. I'll be able to slowly improve the calibre metadata with time (e.g. adding in part titles to magazines, anthologies and omnibus editions.)

One drawback: By putting all my ebooks in one place, and going through them marking them as read or to-be-read (or neither), I find that I don't have 300 books in my unread pile, I have 717!

Of course, some of these are just books that I read a decade or more ago and I've forgotten that I read them, just looking at title and author. And some are short stories from Fictionwise. But still.... I think I really do have more unread books that I thought I did.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote