View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I had no idea that Kindle book reviews were different from other Amazon reviews. Thanks.

I almost always take advantage of samples unless I already know the author. It's usually important for me to like the style of writing and to get an idea of whether this book might be for me. After I got over the 'honeymoon period' of how cheap books are in USA and I just bought them if they looked okay, samples and a little bit of restraint have really saved me some money.

For non-fiction (mostly cookbooks so far), I've taken advantage of books.google.com if Google had previews of the book. For non-fiction it's usually nice to see more than the first 5-10% of the book.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote