View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #43
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaha
Hi all.

I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, so I thought I would make an observation about memory card usage.

I was doing fine for the first 48 hours, loading up files on an SD card for consumption on the Reader.

Then, over the weekend, I decideed to add a couple of reference texts to the reader, and, while happily bookmarked in a gutenburg .rtf book, I popped the card, added in the (tech-weenie) document and powered up the Reader. Lo and behold, all that was there was a blank screen. I had to hit the reset pinhole to get my reader back. This happened a few times over the weekend. I just tried an experiment, and, it appears that you need to exit any 'current document' prior to removing/replacing the memory cards. Even if the document you were reading is still on the card, and nothing has been done except to add a new file or two to the card.

I've been through the user guide and didn't see any mention of this, and I'm happy to be corrected if this isn't the case, but I thought I'd report it, since it drove me rather nuts for a few days.

Cheers!

kickaha
Can you list SD card mfg, speed etc.... Been pulling in and out no problems but will schedule a test when able... Thats intersting...
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote