View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #28
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've lost me slightly there. I don't recall any mention whatsoever of religion in Harry Potter - or is it that which is perceived to be the problem?
The HP books didn't mention religion but here in the States many conservative religious groups tried to ban the books because of the use of witchcraft and "other satan-inspired" things.

I have participated in discussions with a few local religious fundamentalists who have point blank told me that I will be damned for eternity because I let my children read books other than the Bible.

I kind of threw a monkey wrench into the works when I asked which version of the Bible was truly the word of God, especially as we know that the King James version was written by a group of appointed men (no women) of a particular religious persuasion who argued over the meaning of various phrases and ending up deciding by consensus/compromise.

I've often wondered what they do about printing errors

I have also often wondered what they do with all of the begets and begots and the extramarital sex, and . . .
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote