View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #133
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
My iPad mini arrived an hour ago. I also ordered the full sized iPad with retina screen for my husband and so I could compare the screens. I can't say that I notice much difference screenwise so far, but I wear glasses so maybe someone with better eyes would. The mini is amazingly light, weighs less than my Kindle Keyboard and its lighted case. I find the mini much easier to type on, this post was typed with two thumbs in landscape mode.

I'm not sure how much ebook reading I'll do with the mini, I got it for surfing and email and messaging and portability. I'll give it a try with the kindle app for an hour tonight and report back.
if you don't notice the difference I probably shouldn't disillusion you, but retina really shines at rendering font. Look at app names on the home screen, or books iBooks, web browsing on Safari. The iPad 4 should have noticeably sharp/crisp/uniformly dark font. I find it very obvious myself, and I'm trying to decide whether I should keep the mini. It will be my PERFECT device when it gets retina, but as it is.. I'm pretty sensitive to non-retina when trying to read, it really helps especially with reading small fonts and the like, PDFs, etc. and to the poster above.. well, it's fine for reading if you're okay with some pixellation and less crisp font than on high resolution devices like iPhone 4-5, etc. It's VERY thin and light.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote