View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikhin View Post
Sorry for bumping an old thread too, but I have the same problem as yifanlu. For me, I neither have the material, nor the experience to make the plug/cable myself. If someone could, I'd certainly be grateful, and willing to pay. Certainly, I'm new here, and don't know many people, so I'm not sure how many will reply..
Do you have access to a computer with an RS-232 serial port?

If not, you need a USB serial adapter.

Either way, you need the special connector for a Kindle 3. I plan to make one using simple easily obtainable ingredients, such as thin plastic (old credit card or CD cover), aluminum foil (or copper foil). I will do one method for soldering, and another that uses conductive paint from an auto parts store (for repairing a rear window defogger/defroster). I will document this (with photos and video). The non-soldering method is needed because many people said they did not want to solder. Conductive paint is somewhat expensive, but it will last a long time when used as a solder replacement.

Where are you located (I will have extra prototypes)?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote