View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
I'm not sure if it's a bug - Am I reading it correctly that you have 'remove spacing' AND 'Insert blank lines' enabled? Those sort of conflict with one another... I think blank lines get inserted after heuristics if you want them inserted, but I'm not sure why you would have it enabled.
I have always had those two settings enabled for the last two years. First it removes spaces and adds the indent then it changes the top and bottom margin to 0.5em to give a space between paragraphs. Since my eyes are older this is how I prefer my books to be formatted.

Quote:
Also heuristics only deletes blank lines when it detects that every single paragraph is separated by a blank line.
The whole LIT document created paragraphs internally by having blank lines between each paragraph. If this was text I believe either Single or Block would have worked. I tried heuristics on with delete blank line checked and ended up with the same results.

Quote:
What's the formatting you're trying to achieve?
IIRC previously if the text in the <pre> tags in a lit file (or text in a txt file) had the paragraphs separated by a blank line those paragraphs would end up in <p> tags and no extra lines with non-breaking spaces were created between those paragraphs. At what point does the <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> get inserted? It isn't from the insert blank line under look & feel because that just changes the top and bottom margin on the main paragraphs.

Quote:
I usually avoid both the 'insert blank line' and 'remove paragraph spacing' in favor of using extra css:
Checking Remove spacing between paragraphs w/indent 1.1em and Insert blank lines is like using the following in extra css. I consistently end up with my main paragraphs setup with these settings.

Code:
p {margin-top:0.5em; margin-bottom:0.5em; text-indent:1.1em}
Quote:
The second line only works well if heuristics is enabled and detects chapter headings/scene breaks, but the first one will set up top/bottom margin and indents. Obviously adjust the parameters to whatever you prefer.
Thanks for this info I may experiment with these settings.

Bottom line: At what point does the <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> get inserted and why?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote