View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #68
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Oh dear. I see on my dictionary log that I have recently looked up both "approbation" and "disapprobation." Apparently I am losing my ability to learn new words!

eP
I've been transcribing Burt's Polish-English dictionary into digital format. It's tedious work, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see all those new words and learn them as I went along. Maybe I wouldn't need the dictionary as much later! Well, it's mostly in one ear and out the other, as they say. Maybe the shear volume of words is swamping my ability to learn, or middle age, or... whatever. I'm not retaining much, if anything.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote