View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:13 PM   #3761
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootz View Post
Is that statement still true even if I connect with sshfs over WIFI?
Because that's how I am doing my SSH ahs SSHfs.

I suspect that the "USB networking mode" doesn't impact WIFI-based SSHFS. So, possibly my clarification may change your answer?

(I'd be very surprised if it wifi-based SSH were somehow affected by any configuration on the USB side of things. BUT, I suppose it "could" depending on how the networking software functions).
Surprise yourself then.
The only sshfs server is in the USBnet package. *
And the only way to start that, and to open a hole in the firewall is to start USB networking.
The reason is as I gave above.

The way our USBnetworking add-in is implemented, putting the USB cable into USBnetworking mode is hardcoded with the enabling of the servers and opening the firewall.

Read the scripting for yourself if you still doubt that -
see /mnt/us/usbnet/bin/* Where internally /mnt/us/* is same-same as "highest visible usb storage level" seen from outside.

And yes, I will be willing to match my six years experience with how we code our add-ins vs your, what?, six hours?

(*) If you are writing about your K3 (I presume you are, from the thread you are posting in), then there may be factory installed sshd/sshfsd in the 'diags' system.
But people are rarely interested in getting custom screensavers working in the 'diags' system so I am also assuming your writing about your K3 running the 'main' system.
If you are writing about your touch screen device(s) - then they never had factory sshd.

Last edited by knc1; 02-19-2018 at 11:23 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote