View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@drMerry - I think the simplest solution to your issue right now is to do Show all book exemptions, remove all those ones in that group, and instead use a search restriction before you search for duplicates.

The problem I believe is due to the way exemptions are stored, as every book is being stored as being exempt with every other book. This isn't a scalable approach if (as you have) your group contains a massive number of books.

Right now I will see what others think on the dev thread about how we solve it - either we prevent you marking the group as exempt in the first place by putting in a threshold, or we change the way exemptions are stored. However you have a workaround in the meantime I believe.

In what I would term "normal" usage your exemption groups should not be very big - the 99% scenario I perceive as being 2-3 books/authors in a group. However allowing very fuzzy searches and in your case storing a large number of near duplicate titles as people will have who store magazines etc this situation will arise.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote