View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpii View Post
Id love to have the ability to lock each ebook, after they're exactly how I want them. This means that any attempt to bulk-update the title, author, metadata etc, would result in an error (ie, cant update meta-data, the following books were locked...)
This is exactly why I added the "Overwrite author and title by default" options on the main Preferences page and in the single metadata page. Unticking it allows you to globally lock author and title data at least. I keep it off. Default is on. Author and title are how Calibre identifies an ebook, so when they are not locked, you can "lose" a book by accidentally changing one or both. I considered making separate global locks on author vs. title, but too many options is just as bad as too few.

Yes, I suppose I'd like to lock books individually, or even have global locks on other bits of metadata, but it''s not a pressing need for me.

Last edited by Starson17; 02-27-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote