View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:00 AM   #13
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
... the someone is the person who wrote the original article... .
In post #6 you wrote, "When someone is making claims that are based on arithmetic statements then dismissing them in a cavalier fashion, when they are the main point of the article, seems a little disingenuous."
I did not dismiss any claims by the author of the article in a cavalier fashion, disingenuously.

What I wrote in post #5 was, "Irrespective of any arithmetic travesties, I find it very interesting that China's digital publishing industry is booming so."

Irrespective of means regardless of. So, I did not dismiss or deny, or suggest that any arithmetic statements should be forgotten, nor did I claim that they were correct.
Quote:
... why do you take comments that are clearly nothing to do with you, so personally ...
You said that someone dismissed the arithmetic statements in a cavalier manner, disingenuously. Presumably that someone isn't the someone who wrote the article, so which other someone were you referring to? Disingenuous means lacking in candor, or giving a false appearance of simple frankness. Candor means honest, or sincere expression.

Quote:
... you don't need a calculator ...
I presume the you in this case doesn't refer to me, rather it means someone - but I guess not the same someone who wrote the article, because that's a different someone. Oh well, whoever this someone is, and apparently it's not me, so I suppose it must be another someone, presumably the the same someone who dismissed the statements, whoever that someone is.

Quote:
... None of this has anything to do with you ...
Oh good, so it has to do with someone else.

Quote:
... except that I found your dismissal of the arithmetic ...
Oh, so some your comments were directed at me after-all, not someone else.

Quote:
... why do you take comments that are clearly nothing to do with you, so personally ...
Well I suppose because they were directed at me. Oh no, I remember now, they weren't anything to do with me, rather they were to do with someone else.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote