View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #21
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
BTW... there are proponents of DRM? Other than the copyright cartel?
Some. I spoke to a woman at an eBook event in NYC who was proprietor of a romance ebook line. She admitted that she thought DRM was useless and would eventually go away. But meanwhile, she applied it because her authors insisted on it. They apparently feared what without DRM, they'd lose significant sales to copying and sharing.

I always wonder about assumptions like that. I want to ask "Why do you assume your market will rip you off given a chance? Is it because it's what you would do, and you assume everyone else is just like you?"
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote