View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #164
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

One-minute response time from the developer, ROFL.

Yes, you can definitely hide the icons in Marvin, as you can see from the 4 Marvin screenshots I posted here.

As to the header and footer, I like to keep them displayed while reading -- they're very elegant and unobtrusive in Marvin: in a small, faded font. When Marvin for iPhone arrives, however, I might well choose to hide the header and footer, too. I think Kris should make it possible, for Marvin on iPhone, to utilize the entire screen real estate to display the book text. This is crucial on a small smartphone screen. That is, if a Marvin on iPhone user chooses to hide the header and footer, they shouldn't simply be hidden, but the text of the book should fill the now-empty space where the header and footer would otherwise have been.

This is one of the things I hate about iBooks: the default, non-customizable page margins are intolerably wide, and when you select the so-called "Full-Screen Mode" in iBooks, it's not really a full-screen mode at all! All it does is to hide the header and footer, while keeping the page margins as intolerably wide as they were before. Marvin for iPhone should avoid this pitfall. Full-screen is full-screen, period. It's not just "hide header and footer".

Stanza is very smart in full-screen mode in that it still manages to indicate the overall progress in the book with an extremely thin progress strip along the bottom edge of the smartphone screen. See the Stanza screenshot below. This is the best arrangement anyone could hope for. Of course, tapping in the center of the screen brings up the full menu and icons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stanza_in_Full-Screen.png
Views:	287
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	97621  

Last edited by Faterson; 12-13-2012 at 03:02 AM.