View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Readers that sync

So, I've been looking at all the e-reading apps out there, and I've settled on Moon+ Reader as the best option, but before I nail that down and buy the paid version, I want to double-check with you guys to make sure I haven't missed some other, better alternatives.

The key features that I absolutely want (all of which Moon+ provides, but -- as far as I could tell -- nothing else did):

1. Ability to work when held left-handed. Cool Reader actually had the best solution for this, with its mappable touch zones, but Moon+'s selection of touch zones provides one that's reasonable.

2. Ability to sync to Calibre's ODPS sharing. FBReader had this with plugins, but was missing on other things. Moon+ does this well natively.

3. Ability to sync read position across devices. Moon+ does this with Dropbox, and it works great. As far as I can tell, other readers don't do this at all? (Other than things like Kindle, which aren't useful for me, as I'm not locking into a vendor-proprietary solution.)

Given my desiderata, any other recommendations for me? Have I missed out on capabilities of Cool Reader (which seems like the app that gets the most love here)?
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote