View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
If you aren't planning to add a pricetag to the short stories, I'd recommend making them available at other sites where people look for free reads. (I saw one of of those at Smashwords, but not the others... they might be useful to draw people to you added shortly after a novel for sale, if you go back to submitting books there.)
Mr ploppy started a thread in the authors section of the forum to collect such websites: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129753

There are plenty of people who look for free books (including short stories), and if someone comes across a free read by you (with a website link at the end and/or on the copyright page), they might go and buy the novels you offer for sale. It's more or less how four indie authors got me to follow their work.

It also seems like you have one series of three books. Reducing the price of the first only to 99 cents might be worth a try. 99 cents is very much an impulse buy, and might work as a hook to pull in readers, hoping they'll buy the rest of the series. (It's the pricing strategy I've seen used on Amanda Hocking's books, for example. Just to show I'm not pulling it out of thin air. )
I've tried spreading links to the free stories around, but they rarely stay up for long. Other sites where I'd like to mention them don't allow advertising. I'm always having trouble finding places to leave links or books.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote