View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Duck and Dropbox,, the only thing they have in common is they begin with "D" (Duck does not do Cloud storage)

Just give her the ENTIRE Library folder (quit Calibre before you copy)

If the objective is to allow clients to view the Calibre Catalog, Maybe the content server is the trick you need. (the CS does allow downloads, so that may not be what you want).

Other options are the Generate a 'Catalog' (EPUB or MOBI) (you know, the right click on the convert Icon)
Ducky, bubbeleh:

I don't really want her to only have the catalog, that's the thing. I want her to be able to use Calibre as I do--open the specific ebook so she can copy and paste the metadata for the book into the appropriate field in our admin side on the webserver for our site. Also, I want her to have access to the covers file (single dir), so she can do what I do, particularly when I'm doing a bulk xml import, to my site, not in/out of Calibre, which is copy-and-paste the jpg filenames into an xml field. It's faster, for most of our books, to just open the named jpeg's properties and copy the filename directly and paste it than to retype it, and be sure that you got it right, so it matches what was FTP'd to the book entry. (Does that make sense? Did I explain it clearly?)

So...just copy my library, and send her a copy (however) so she can drop it on her VM and use it as HER library? Then she can just use the jpegs in the single dir which is already on dropbox? Is that what we're saying?

P.S.--how can you NOT use the Cloud? I use it for multiple backups, even though I run RAIDs here. I put backups on Dropbox and backups on the Amazon Cloud servers and I put backups on SkyDrive. Of course, my need not to lose data is pretty intense, but still...I screwed up backing up ONCE, about a decade ago, and I'm not going to make that mistake again. Not with bloody gigs of data. I gotta say, I've never had a problem with Dropbox, and I don't know how I lived without it. For data, it almost makes WAN/LAN redundant! ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote