View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
What did you spend your $10 on?

I have yet to spend my $10 store credit on anything, kind of waiting and browsing. just haven't decided which book i want to purchase or books if i get cheaper ones.

just wondering what others have used it for, maybe a good book or books i haven't heard of yet.

thanks in advance.

this book is on my shortlist but not sure if i want to dole out the $18 for it, yes $10 of it is store credit but i dunno

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-S...7fA/page1.html

more info from publishers weekly, taken off of amazon - sounds pretty interesting.
Spoiler:
Starred Review. Dewitt's bang-up second novel (after Ablutions) is a quirky and stylish revisionist western. When a frontier baron known as the Commodore orders Charlie and Eli Sisters, his hired gunslingers, to track down and kill a prospector named Herman Kermit Warm, the brothers journey from Oregon to San Francisco, and eventually to Warm's claim in the Sierra foothills, running into a witch, a bear, a dead Indian, a parlor of drunken floozies, and a gang of murderous fur trappers. Eli's deadpan narration is at times strangely funny (as when he discovers dental hygiene, thanks to a frontier dentist dispensing free samples of "tooth powder that produced a minty foam") but maintains the power to stir heartbreak, as with Eli's infatuation with a consumptive hotel bookkeeper. As more of the brothers' story is teased out, Charlie and Eli explore the human implications of many of the clichés of the old west and come off looking less and less like killers and more like traumatized young men. With nods to Charles Portis and Frank Norris, DeWitt has produced a genre-bending frontier saga that is exciting, funny, and, perhaps unexpectedly, moving. (May)

i could also get book 3 in this series, i have the first two. not read yet but it'd be nice to have them

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-S...NwQ/page1.html

edit: for those that registered their new kobo touch and got the $10 store credit that is

Last edited by siraks; 06-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote