View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddman View Post
True, but in practice I've always found those "online inventory" systems a bit dodgy for in-store stock. It's best to call the location before you drive anyway.

And it's worth the effort to track one down! I love my $199 505.
The way it works at Borders is I go nd check if the item is in stock and the system says it is. The I reserve it and someone in the store then goes to find it and I get an email say if it's on hold for me or not. Then if it is, I go get it.

Best Buy has a similar setup except if the system says it's available and I try to reserve it and it's not really there, I can then order it online with free shipping if I want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote