View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
gm139
gm139 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
I have a similar situation on my Kindle Fire HD. I downloaded four books from Baen Books, imported them into Calibre, and pushed them out to the Kindle. On my PW, two show up with a "Personal" banner on the cover, on the HD they show up in the Docs library instead of the Books library. The other two show up normally.

I saw something in the Fire forum about a tag that was PDOC instead of EBOK, or something like that. Where would I find this tag in Calibre?

OK, I found it (I think) under Conversion/Mobi Output, but... That's only the settings that will be performed when you DO a conversion, right? Is there someplace that shows you what the setting in the book currently is? Can it be changed without performing a conversion, since I don't really want to convert the book?

As always, thanks for your help.
The "PDOC" setting works only when you convert to MOBI format. However, I tried to convert to mobi without this option but without result.
Again, when converting books and pushing them to the kindle, sometime they are seen as books other time as personal documents.
I did some research on internet to understand the reason of this behavior but so far I did not find anything interesting.
gm139 is offline   Reply With Quote