View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #29
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
I lol'd at that knc1.
Also, female for future reference.

As far as I recall, the issue with libusb had something to do with the inf file provided in the guide.

And the steps for libusb *installing, or getting it to work* we're the issues I had, the website wasn't very helpful with that, that was what I was talking about getting ideas about.

And getting through the thread didn't end up helping me the first time I tried to unbrick that is why I ended up asking for help, what I'm seeing is a lot of the same issues I came across and eventually over about 4 days we got it working.

So I was just suggesting making it simpler to find, and maybe addressing those problems, but as I haven't re bricked my kindle I can't go through the process again to write it down.

Although, when the next update comes through, no doubt I'll stuff it up and have to do it again, but who knows when that'll be.
So, you're a shiela, eh?

There is a lot of information to chew through, making it all not so "simple" anymore. We each have our strengths and weaknesses.

There is a libusb tool for creating the .inf file for you (which is what I used). I just showed my .inf file to use as a reference.

I am glad you eventually solved it. I am glad that silver18 wrote the "small" guide (which has already grown a lot bigger than it was).

Now that the K3 has a similar method of debricking, when we add that to this documentation, the differences will make it even more complicated.

The problem is that we wish to minimize the amount of information needed to debrick a kindle (the user may not know what firmware version is installed on it). And we want to minimize the number of choices and decisions the user has to make. A "just follow these minumum number of steps" approach.

As it is now, there is often some extra personal guidance (hand holding) required, but many people were able to do it completely on their own.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-12-2012 at 07:10 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote