View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #9
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
But it's not search. It's just sorting and trying to guess in which place the book is. What if you know only partial title and not the first word? When you are in trouble. Search on kindles is terrible. I'd like to search only title and author - it would make it faster. I usually want to search only those fields never the book contents before even opening it (when I can use search in the book)

I want to hold most/all of my library on kindle so I can re read when I want or read any book I get the urge without needing to plug it in PC. This means a lot of books are searched and it takes a while. To look up a title/author... Seems easier to sort and go to author or title if you know it, instead of searching. I'd prefer a quick search to find a book.

Also try searching book contents for a word which has very common similar form and again you will fail. It not only finds partial matches, it even takes a way the letters/modifies the search word to give you a bunch of results you don't need (search for running and you will get results with run too, dreaming>dream...). I actually contacted amazon about that. Maybe they will consider changing it or adding the option to search only title/author and search for exact match not similar. I know what I am looking for, don't mess with me like that amazon
Yep. This.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote