View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
That's not necessary. They could had licensed the font with modification rights... or purchased an exclusive modification to the owner...
Good point, and I'm glad to entertain the possibility. Is there any evidence of this? Extracting the font from the K3 and comparing it to Linotype's would be the answer.

My skepticism also lies in the fact that Caecilia already has a "normal' family and a "bold" family. They could have just used the "bold/heavy" combo to produce a family that gives a nice contrast bump. No extra charge.

Another possibility is optimizing the rendering software for Caecilia so that it creates a higher contrast render. Not sure how to test that theory.

The easiest answer is still to extract the font from a jailbroken Kindle. I'm curious if anyone has done so.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote