Thread: Iriver Story
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #187
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi greenapple,
If you don't mind, I'll ask a couple of questions about other features on the Kindle.

1) What's the OS like to work within? Are menus etc responsive and well laid out?

2) What are the inbuilt fonts and display font size choices like? Can you install custom fonts for use in eBooks?

3) Am I correct in my understanding that it doesn't allow memory expansion?

4) Does it support features like hyperlinks (esp. ToC and Index) and footnotes? (The eBook format specs do, but it seems most hardware/firmware currently don't, from what I've read, except those that use a stylus.)

I know much of this info can be got from other threads or the Amazon website, but I was hoping for some more balanced comment than true-believer "I was so smart to buy this" posters usually give, if you understand me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Amazon wouldn't want to ship Kindle to where I live.
Hmm, well, now my curiosity is definitely pricked. Where do you live?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote