View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by savanahrose View Post
Ok call me stupid but how do you turn it off. Where do I drop from and drag it to?

Thank you so much for the help I thought I was doing something wrong.
If you're using the Sony Reader Software (SRS), you need to do the following to turn off the sync (I have a PRS-505 but it should work the same):

- Start the SRS.

- Connect your ereader and let it fully sync with the SRS.

- When the syncing has finished, click on the triangle next to your reader's icon in the Source View list (on the left side of the screen) so that all of the items on your ereader (including collections) appear.

- Click on "Sync" and ensure that all of the items listed are unchecked.

- Click on the "Sync Now" button.

When this is finished there should be no synched items on your reader. One thing I've found is that if you sync an ebook to your ereader using the SRS, you can't delete it from your ereader directly, it can only be removed by synching.

As far as dragging and dropping items (such as ebooks, music, and photos) on to your ereader via the SRS, you first need to add the items to the SRS Library. Then drag-and-drop the items on to your ereader's icon in the Source View.

To create a collection on your ereader, first click on the ereader's icon on the Source View and then click on the "+" button at the lower left-hand corner of the screen. A collection named "Untitled 0" will be created (you can rename it) on your ereader. To add ebooks to the collection, click on your ereader's icon and then drag-and-drop ebooks into the collection.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote