View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 06:57 AM   #42
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You've got a much better brain than me then. My brain takes too long to put the words with huge spaces between back together again. I end up losing concentration and just give up. Maybe this is my dyslexia rearing its ugly head.
I am on the opposite side of spectrum than you - no problems with reading ever, very fast reader, and I strongly prefer ragged right.

We were conditioned to like full justification, because books are usually printed that way, but the [paper] books have enough characters on line that you do not get this uneven-spacing problems. Plus, typesetting for printed books used to be done by a trained human hand that can address problems with non-uniform typographical grey.

Newspaper columns are also printed that way - typically very narrow columns, but they have to be printed with full justification, because otherwise you would have difficulty seeing the right border of the column.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote