View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #26584
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Wake up mama, turn your lamp down low
Wake up mama, turn your lamp down low
Have you got the nerve to drive me from your door

Woke up this morning, put on my travelin' shoes
Woke up this morning, put on my trevelin' shoes
Don't know where I'm going' but I got them Statesboro Blues

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqDnlHizFkk )
THIS is how the blues should be sung!

Good morning, everyone! It's "Cowboy Day!" If you've ever been a cowboy you can sing along with the most famous of the cowboy songs:
Well, I started up the trail October twenty-third
Started up the trail with a 2-U herd
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yi yippee yay
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yay
Come along boys and listen to my tale
Tell you of my trouble on the old Chisholm Trail
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yi yippee yay
Come a ki yi yippee yippee yay

This was the trail used to drive cattle from Texas to Kansas back in the late 1800's, named for Jesse Chisholm. It was the most famous route for all the trail drives, starting at Chisholm's trading post along the Red River, and ending at his northern post in Abiline, Kansas. They made a movie about him in the 70's that starred John Wayne... of course.

I've got a big mug of my new English Breakfast tea to get me going today. I'm going to need a few refills after last night's music session. Played my fingers to the bone!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote