View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #779
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfchimneyrock View Post
I have got it working, at least on my kindle. I found where duokan lite sets the environment variables that it needs. I have only really tried running it from kindle startup ('Z' on duokan boot menu)

put the two .sh files into /mnt/us/DK_System, or just DK_System from the root of the usb accessible folder.

the included launchpad.ini has:
D S as switch to duokan
D X as switch to kindle
D Z as kill duokan (for a restart)
A F as restart kindle

See attached zip file.

Thanks. It works as expected. However there is a minor issue. Sometimes, after switching from Duokan to Kindle it doesn't refresh.(screen displays last image from the Duokan session until pressing home or Alt+z to refresh) If you can fix this , it would be perfect. Thanks anyway...

Edit: There is a major issue about this switches. When I switch to Doukan, Kindle still accepts input! you can check this by switching to Dk, then pressing menu, then ^D S to switch to Kindle. You can see that menu is opened on this OS too.

Last edited by thomass; 08-07-2011 at 12:05 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote