View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
I've, so far, resisted the temptation to load up on books I'll never have time to read. I tend to be a 'collector' and I'm aware of the tendency to hoard things I never use, so maybe I'm using a bit of over-compensation.

I've only had my K3 a week now. Read Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein', Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' and looking to switch to Sci-Fi for a change of pace. I'm also working on the complete works of Poe, off and on.

But my wife still reads paper, and the new books she buys are reducing the eBooks I read. Next up is the new book by Condelezza Rice "Extraordinary, Ordinary People" which will take me away from the K3 for a day or two.

I guess I don't (yet) see the point of having 3,500 books in my Kindle when my life expectancy isn't long enough to read that many based on my yearly totals. I'm never far from either my laptop or desktop computers, so what's the rush to download? Grab a bargain, sure, but accumulate loads of titles to impress my friends? Don't think so....
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote