Thread: K2 getting slow
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Wow,

I'm really confused. On my K2 a restart does not erase the existing books.

I have done a reset a couple of times (ie, I held the power switch to the right for about 30 seconds). When you let up it shows a Kindle splash screen and then it shows a progress bar for a bit before it pops to life. I have the font hack installed, but not the screensaver.

I don't have my K2 handy, but I think I removed the kernel patch files from the root after the hack was initially applied. Could it be that your patch files are still in the root? Might it be that it is re-installing the patch files with each restart, and could that be causing the file erasure?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote