View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 AM   #7
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkie View Post
igorsk, is there an ARM compiler product you recommend? If it's like the stuff I've done before on GPS I had a compiler that could produce binaries for different processors. I don't recall it's name. There are probably freeware compilers and linkers available but the commercial product we had then was an all-in-one which had a nice IDE for editing and the outputs from it all did not require smoke-and-mirrors to be used to do the same. In other words, some freeware options can need many utilities to be run to get to the point of final assembly. I'd prefer a 'professional' package where possible. Do you know of such a beast?

The PRS-505 runs MontaVista Linux and executables are standard ELF. Any ARM compiler could more or less do the job.
By examining the exports/imports table of the eBook Library program on PC you can have a general idea of Kinoma's Fsk framework - and the software running on 505 is an ARM port of that.

So as to say, by writing a .so plugin library to replace the counterpart on 505, you can 'hack' into the Fsk system and get direct access to Fsk APIs.
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote