View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcohol View Post
I've added my base collection to the library and most of the .mobi files I have show up perfectly well - however not all show as a 'format' in the format column

I have no problem opening them from my books folder but in Calibre they show as 'xxxx has no available formats'
How did you add your base collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Screen 3 is OMG what did you do to get that many data mismatches?
This often happens when grabbing up libraries from "friends" as a starting point.

@Alcohol the following should get you back up and running.
  1. Start by exiting calibre (Ctrl-q).
  2. Back-up the entire calibre library.
  3. Once you are sure you have a complete backup go into the root of your active library and rename the metadata.db file to metadata.db.old.
  4. Start calibre it should show you a library with no books in it.
  5. Restore database by going to Library maintenance and selecting Restore database this should rebuild your database. This process will rebuild your metadata.db file based on the info in each metadata.opf files in the individual directories.
  6. After the restore finishes your library should show your books again.
  7. Recheck things, if you are worse off go back to your "old" metadata.db file or revert back to your backup copy of your library.
Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-05-2013 at 06:41 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote