View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 AM   #229
ronin688
Enthusiast
ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: REB-1100/ EBW-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
Darn, I had preordered one and looking at the responses it doesnt look good. I checked with customer service and there is a no return policy which is unfair since if I bought it at Future Shop it can be returned. It better work!
I think it's a bit early to get really worried. I went to Chapters today and played with the display model and it worked well. It's not an ipad, or even a playbook, but for the price point and considering it's primarily an ereader I still think it's quite nice.

The screen with a book on it is beautiful and crisp, the page turns are instant and it didn't take long to load up a book or comic. Youtube worked fine for me, and the browser loaded right up.

Any issues we're seeing now are likely software based. Until I see widespread reports of crashes/freezes I'm not going to be worried. As of now it's still a "buy" next week.

That being said it seems like there are kinks to be ironed out, and Kobo could have done a better job with the setup and initial charge procedures at the very least.
ronin688 is offline   Reply With Quote