View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #16229
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Fire with Fire by Charles E. Gammon. From the April 2013 Baen Monthly Bundle.
I was pleasantly surprised by this one. An interesting first novel in what looks like it will become a series, but with sufficient complete plots in the book that it doesn't feel like just a prologue. There are a couple of bit that are far-fetched even for SF, but on the whole, I liked it.

Next I read The Gods of War created by Christopher Stasheff. This is a series of short stores by various authors with a connecting narrative. It was OK, but no more than OK.

Now: The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie. Back to one of my bargains from the Fictionwise Agatha Christie sale. Her 46th mystery book.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote