View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #16086
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi Moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
<snip >Yuck, so back to Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday, which should clear all those thoughts about bugs out of my head.
I couldn't get those little bugs out of my head and instead of continuing with Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday I read some of the short books by Mark Black and Charles River Editors. I will say that the Charles River Editor books are hit and miss about how well they are done and I have found that I like the ones by Mark Black much better, so far.

Spoiler:
Mark Black:
George Washington A Very Brief History
Henry VIII A Very Brief History

Charles River Editors:
The Anasazi Native American Tribes: The History and Culture of the Anasazi (Ancient Pueblo)
American Legends: The Wright Brothers
History's Greatest Mysteries: Stonehenge
Vlad The Impaler

I am mostly through David Batterham - Among Booksellers Tales Told in Letters to Howard Hodgkins which is an interesting story told through letters. It is both strange and interesting at the same time and I am unsure why I keep reading it other than I want to find out what develops.

I am now reading Bones of Angels by Christopher Forrest. It is keeping my attention so far, although the story jumps between the action happening with the various characters as the story progresses. This was a freebie I picked up from Amazon and although it states: "** Fans of James Rollins and Clive Cussler will love BONES OF ANGELS **" I would say it is a type of thriller along the lines of a Dan Brown book like the The Da Vinci Code. Maybe the addition of the special force teams put it closer to a Rollins/Cussler book?
Spoiler:
Quote:
What if explorers discovered the fossilized skeleton of an angel? What if this discovery was predicted by an ancient prophesy of the coming Apocalypse? In this new action-thriller novella from bestselling author Christopher Forrest, the Titan Six team races against time to uncover the lost secrets of a fallen Archangel. BONES OF ANGELS is a non-stop action adventure that delves into ancient mysteries and cutting edge science.

Praise for Christopher Forrest's thrillers:

From New York Times bestselling author JAMES ROLLINS: "Cutting edge science and lost history collide in a thrilling tour de force."

From BOOKLIST: "[Will] keep thriller fans panting."

From New York Times bestselling author Douglas Preston: "Launches the reader into a story of science and ancient mystery that will blow your mind."
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote