View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can't believe no one's posted this yet. I've been hearing this for several days now.

RUMOR: A lighter, thinner iPad and an iPad Mini with a Retina display to be released in March 2013.
A rumor that startet with Digitimes in mid november.. I would trust that as much as what my mail man told me..

It made sense for Apple to introduce the iPad 4 early. Future iOS releases are a good sales argument since they always come out in the fall, holiday sales are important, and introducing the lightning connector on all units at the same time made excellent sense. No need to stray from the successfull annual update scheme otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
According to the aforementioned blog, Apple's reasoning appears to be that they needed a quicker cycle to compete with the Nexus 7 and Microsoft's Surface. The Nexus may be a threat, but from what I've seen, the Surface seems to be underwhelming users and reviewers alike.
Apple owns the market, they don't have much to be scared of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
If they go to 6 month refresh cycles, I am out.
Why? Does your iPad stop functioning after 6 months?

Last edited by David Munch; 01-02-2013 at 03:07 PM.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote