View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissie View Post
I think Sigil is an unnecessary step - I take the HTML from word/OO/scrivener straight into notepad and do the rest of the formatting there. I then create the mobi file using kindle previewer which uploads to Amazon perfectly.

From there I've heard - but haven't yet done so that - Kobo will take mobi and create a clean epub format.

I'm dropping out of SW unless they can get with the plot and stop this nonsense of requiring a doc file to submit
A better text editor to use instead of Notepad is Notepad++ (FREE). It supports regexp, tabs, and a lot of other features that make editing eBooks a lot easier to do.

As for going from Mobi to ePub, don't do it. It doesn't work as neatly as you think (in most cases). You are best to go ePub > Mobi and I know for a fact that that can work neatly in most cases.

So go with ePub make your code nice and neat and in most cases, it will convert fairly well using Kindlegen. Also, by having the ePub ready to go, you can put it up at B&N and Kobo directly without the need for Smashwords.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-25-2012 at 12:43 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote