View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I recommend the Pocketbook IQ. It currently sells for $149.99 and is completely open. Right now it runs Android 2.0 and an update to 2.2 is promised in the near future. The IQ has a very nice screen, not as nice as the Nook Color but is the Color's screen $100 better?

I've installed various Android reading apps with no problem. Like all the tablets there is no direct access to the Google Android Market but there are ways to work around that. I've sideloaded several apps from my Droid and they work great. YouTube works good, Opera Mini is better than the included web browser.

If you gotta spend more money then go for it but for $149.99 US the Pocketbook IQ is a contender. BTW, Pocketbook has European distributors and if you check out the Pocketbook forum here at MobileRead you'll discover that Pocketbook is very responsive and sells a good product.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote