View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #6
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
When you did the copy; Did you move it to a different OS (eg XP-W7)?
OS long name rules differ (in addition to Name Case) for FATx file systems.
Touching up the (windows) Library with Linux can result in 2 case versions of the same file in the title folder XP could not even see the other file
I just moved from Dropbox to Dumptruck, so I just copied my Calibre book folder to a different folder. I now have my books backed-up in a couple of locations. I once had to leave 2,000 books on the street, because I had no means of moving them to my new home (different country). That's not going to happen again.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote