View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
And again, the Mini (like any other tablet, even 10 inches iPad) can be used on landscape mode, which makes fonts even bigger.

Huh? Not true. Switching between portrait and landscape will neither enlarge nor shrink the fonts.

It's a physical fact: the larger a screen is, the physically larger you can make the fonts in the books you read, without having to flip the page more frequently. That is natural law -- it's like saying 2 + 2 = 4. It's one reason why I've always preferred Kindle DX over the classic Kindle e-ink reader.

By all means, if you don't mind physically smaller fonts or having to flip pages more frequently, get the mini Retina instead of iPad Air. For me, for texts to be easy on the eyes is my first priority, so that a 10-inch tablet will always remain my primary tablet, although I also enjoy owning and using smaller tablets for "mobile occasions".

(For the same reason, my main working monitor on my desktop PC is a 30-inch monitor, not the more usual 24-inch screen.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote