View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have had a look at the book and a test and I didn't have any problems.

Firstly I loaded the epub as an epub and had a quick look. Not issues.

Then I used Joel's driver to send it as a kepub. Again, no problems. I downloaded the driver yesterday, so it is the latest version.

I also opened both epub and generated kepub in Sigil with no problems. Sigil did object the the property added to the cover in the OPF for the kepub, but that is expected. I also ran epubcheck against both versions with the same result.

I loaded it onto both my Glo and my Touch. I checked the database on both, and there are no problems with them.

I don't know what is happening. It might be something in the version of Joel's driver that you were running. I can see that he has made some changes since then, so maybe he has fixed the problem.

Before trying this book again, could you take a copy of the database. Then, if it messes up the database, take a copy of the corrupt database and send them both to me. I can compare them and maybe see if something else is happening.

Also, I can't see it mentioned above: what firmware version are you on, and how did you get to it? Was the upgrade via the deskopt/WiFi or sideloaded?
Dear davidfor,
I am afraid the situation has worsened: I did backup everything, then uploaded the book in question via Calibre with Joel's updated plugin - unlike the previous attempts, now the book does not even show in the device library (though the file is there, as I could check when connecting with the laptop). I powered off, then on, with no joy. The only way I can access the Mini is via windows explorer, as now Calibre cannot communicate with the device:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.22
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1658, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
I've taken a copy of the post- transfer database, will PM you the link in a second.

Again, thank you all for your help!

EDIT: forgot to add - my firmware is 2.4.0, and I obtained it with a wireless sync.

Last edited by paola; 03-12-2013 at 12:46 AM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote