View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Unhappy help please - Kobo not syncing

Hi all,

all good with my mini until today - last night while reading I synced the mini because there were some previews I wanted to download. I powered off without problems, and the cover of the book I was reading was showing on the device. The next time I powered it on, the book I was reading was not there!

I was on the road, so quite upset. I also noticed that some other books I had added relatively recently (up to about a month ago) were also not showing on the device.

I got back home, connected the mini to my laptop, all books are on the device (they show up on my windows explorer), but I could not access them from the mini. I did a sync, and they reappeared. But after each power off, they disappear again.

An additional issue is that Calibre no longer recognises the device - this is the message I get:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.22
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1658, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
I tried a pinhole reset, nothing changes. that is books are not accessible in the device library. I can sync to my heart's content, and all books are back, but after a power off all the recent books disappear. I am loathe to do a factory reset as I don't want to lose all my annotations.

Any suggestions?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote