View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Ok specifically a back-lit, LCD screen (but then aren't they all back-lit?). I haven't noticed a huge amount of feedback about fingerprints on the Nook Glowlight, so common sense suggests that side/front lit e-ink screens are not as bad as front-lit LCD screens for fingerprints. I thought (perhaps wrongly?) that it's the lighting that is the main cause.
Most LCD screens are backlit, yes, although there are a few reflective LCD devices, which don't have a backlight.

My point is that we don't actually know whether it's the backlight or the capacitive touchscreen which makes the fingerprints show up. On my iPad, for example, fingerprints show up when the iPad is switched off, but that's because the screen is highly reflective. When I switch the iPad on, the fingerprints are completely invisible.

Last edited by HarryT; 09-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote