View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #80
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
I saw that, & consider it to be an economic point rather than an ethical one. I think your economic point makes some sense, but I don't see where there's any ethical aspect involved.
How can one ethically acquire a digital or copy of intellectual property for one's sole unrestricted use if it has not been paid for by someone?

Accidentally of course if someone got it illegally without your knowledge and gave it to you.

The author/publisher gave it to you.

You found the electrons making up this digital copy lying abandoned somewhere.

Perhaps it is merely a moral issue, that of right or wrong of which we all have differing standards .
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote