View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
pmcnz
Enthusiast
pmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS-650, Kindle DXG
Hi,
I've been looking at the same question and my conclusions so far are:
I can use an 6inch E-ink reader for reading books (fiction / non-fiction with no or few pictures) but I don't want to use it for any other kind of text reading. It took a while to optimise it for reading (customised fonts, line spacing, scaling text size) due to my aged eyes not coping well with small text.

I plan to buy a larger size tablet (8" to 9") as a "text information device" for reading text from sources other than ebook files (e.g. PDF, internet blogs, internet news websites) and the key factors I am considering are PPI greater than 160, weight under 400gms and battery life greater than 6 hours. This may or may not help.
Paul
pmcnz is offline   Reply With Quote