View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Erin
eBook Developer
Erin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad, Nook
Kindle Fire Night Mode Color Issue

Forgive me if this is something that has been addressed (and kindly turn me around and push me in the correct direction)

I have been recently made aware by Amazon that a title I developed is being suppressed due to the fact that when the user goes into night mode, the text does not invert color schemes (so it ends up being black text on a black background). Now, this is indeed an issue, however, this book is not unique in its color scheme or coding. It is the same as the other few hundred titles I have developed.

Let me give you the nutshell of this client:

-Largest client for us
-Development from InDesign to EPUB a necessity
-InDesign specifies a color for all paragraph styles automatically
-Despite our strong advice to not make a global change to books for a possible glitch on one setting for one device (night mode works properly on other color readers), the request for all black color code to be removed is now an order

So I have a three-part request for aid:

1) Why might this be the only title that has had this problem? Perhaps it is the only title in which a customer claimed a formal complaint?
2) Is this a known Kindle Fire issue? I haven't found any documentation, but if other color readers have the sense to fully invert colors for night mode, why does Kindle Fire not?
3) Does removing the color code have any affect on any other reader? Are there some that require it that I'm not aware of?

Any and all help welcome.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote