View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #75
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Adrien,
Thanks for the info (I'm new to this), I'll start by studying the atom interface...
Do you know if many Iliad owners download books form Feedbooks? (personally I like the possibility to set your own pdf page size)
I'm interested!

I personally like the functionality and use of the current Feedbooks.com iLiad app very much! It's the kind of software iRex should have contracted out with partners since they didn't really get the chance to exploit this area! I guess to be fair, from their point of view, if it can't be economically feasible then it won't get done!

But, while you are at it would a Mobileread.com download app be possible using the same framework as Feedbooks.com?

I would like to see this functionality very much as I think the iLiad is severally crippled if it can't just go out and fetch new content. I just wish iRex would allow a non-secure iDS server access to be used so that users can load their own personal content very easily (wirelessly via proxy server - hey calibre has one of those.... ).

I'm willing to assist any way I can (however, not being a linux programmer hampers things a bit for me). I like to hack code already written so perhaps I can tweak things to make them work better...

BTW, I was involved in the effort to allow the Fictionwise/Gemstar devices (EBW1150 and REB1200) to access the internet (via wired connections ) and serve webcontent onto them effortlessly! See the thread on impserve and HOW-TO: Surf the Internet with the EBW1150 or REB1200.

I want the same functionality with the ilIad...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote