View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #61
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDowson View Post
Hi. I got my Iliad this week, ready to take on holiday with me, and I've installed all the books I want, but I would also like a News feed (the BBC one ideally) whilst I'm away, when I can get near a wireless access point.

I've registered with Feedbooks, and subscribed to the BBC news feed. I've downloaded and installed your iNewsStand, and entered the details. When I run it (it is installed in my internal memory, and I have the News set to go there too -- all my books are on CF and all my DOocs are on MMC).

I can run iNewsStand okay, and it says I'm logged in and have "Iliad PDF" format setting. When I select the BBC news feed (the only one listed at present) and click "Sync!" the green LED lights for a few seconds, but the "wireless icon" bottom right never reverses. If I view the Downloads tab it says my BBC feed is "downloading 0%" for a longish time, until I exit and come back, or select "Refresh", when is says "Downloaded".

However, I can never actually find it. If it has downloaded to my Iliad it certainly isn't anywhere recognisable, and I've been through the contentslister in the main menu for internal memory, CF and MMC.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. If you could possibly advise I'd be very grateful. Problem is I'm departing on holiday tomorrow afternoon (Thursday 18th, UK time) so I don't suppose it'll be resolved in time.

Should I try a different format? Iliad PDF seemed to be default for Iliad, but mayne, now you say Mobi and ePub are supported I should try one of those?

Thanks in anticipation.

Pete Dowson
Yes, could you try Mobipocket or another RSS feed maybe ? It might be an issue with the name of the file too.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote