View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I've read these titles (and have them in First U.S. Editions):

1.) Kafka on the Shore
2) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle [his masterpiece, in my opinion.)
3) A Wild Sheep Chase
4) Sputnik Sweetheart
5) Norwegian Wood [paperback original - U.S.]
6) South of the Border
7) Hear the Wind Song [Kodansha International First Edition - paperback]

I also have a Reader's Guide to the "Wind-Up Bird," as I was contemplating teaching that book in an English II Lit course I was teaching at Miami University.

Addtionally, I have a nice critical work on him and his writings, entittled "Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words," by one of his long-time translators, Jay Rubin.

I MUST buy those two missing books while they're still available in hardback, or I jeopordize the integrity of my collection.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
The latest release isn't that good compared to his other works, but Kafka on the shore is great.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote