Thread: Vista 64bit
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiff View Post
Hey,
I had the same problem on Vista 32-bit version. After some digging I think the problem is Vista's Data Execution Prevention. If this is turned on in Vista, Connect Reader will not start. In 32-bit Vista, this is usually turned off. I think in 64-bit Vista, the default is on. To turn it off, go to Control Panel, System, Advanced system setting, Settings, Data Execution Prevention. Either turn off DEP or add an exception for Sony's CONNECT reader.exe.

Hope this helps!
I'm afraid that won't help. The issue is that the Connect USB driver is 32-bit only, and won't run under 64-bit Vista (or XP).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote